DT3 Database STOP Synchronize Dropbox & NOT Synchronize on Synology NAS

I used Devonthink 3 on 2 computer (A &B) and Synchronize through Dropbox.Currently, my database is about 47GB (~14300 pdf files). I am mainly use Computer A to add files and changes all the metadata, and computer B for reading/sync file at home. My problem is that my computer A stop syncing with Dropbox even though I checked in Sync Tab its said completed synchronization. The reason I know computer A stop syncing because when I run synchronize on my Computer B, the new files is not showing up after finished synchronized. I reinstalled devonthink 3 on Computer and Re-sync with Dropbox but new files still not showing up. Is there anyway for me to solve this problems without creating new database and resync its on dropbox. (It will take alot of time and the problem might be occured again).

My another problem is that people tried to solved my first problem by sync database with my WebDAV (set up on Synology NAS 918+). Its finished syncing on Computer A but when I tried to sync on Computer B: Its said completed the synchronization but there is no files showing up. (I checked on my NAS Server and the database file is about 47GB on my server, so its must be completed syncing on Computer A).

Thanks for helping.

Are any issues logged to Windows > Log? And are you able to successfully verify both sync stores (see contextual menu in Preferences > Sync)?

Same issue here. I had this happening in the past about 2 to 3 times per year. Synching 1 Mac with 2 iOS devices.
Even when deleting the database on one of the iOS devices and setting up to synch again, it only synched back to the state it had before. Somehow it seems that each device has its own synch manifest on the server, instead of a combined one.
All tests and verifications did not show any issue. Verify uploaded items did not help either. I now got into this state again after a few months of running smoothly.

The only solution that worked for me in the past was to completely delete the synch store, create a new one and re-upload everything to Dropbox, then downloading everything again to the iOS devices.

Is there a way to delete the broken/individual synch manifest files and force the system to re-build the synch manifest and resume working properly without re-setting up everything?

Is there a way to delete the broken/individual synch manifest files and force the system to re-build the synch manifest and resume working properly without re-setting up everything?

No, this isn’t possible.

There seems to be an issue with Dropbox for a small number of its users on a random basis where DT3 sync stops working. Enough people that it is becoming evident it is a “real” issue but not enough to reproduce it.

I had to give up and go to CloudMe after DevonTech tried quite a bit but could not reproduce it. I would gladly go back to Dropbox sync if the issue were identified since I have a Dropbox account for other reasons, but CloudMe does work and has been reliable.

Thanks to rkaplan and BLUEFROG for the quick feedback. I actually have multiple synch stores on Dropbox, and only one (the biggest one, 16 GB, 1700 Files) is showing this issue. All others work well since the beginning.

Anyway, if there is interest at DEVONtech, I can provide some meta-files from the synch store for debugging purposes. Just let me know. I’ll keep the broken synch store on Dropbox, while setting up a new one on CloudMe.

Is there a way to determine when exactly the synch stopped working? As I need to find all the documents on he iOS devices that did not properly synch to the PC…

No problem.

Is there a way to determine when exactly the synch stopped working?

That’s part of the problem. The logs files are not showing any sync issues whatsoever. However, you can hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket so we have the logs and info to inspect. Thanks!