DT3 & DTTG syncing nicely, except for Global Inbox

Have been having this issue for a month or two now, and would like to resolve it. both DT3 and DTTG are in sync, except for the Global Inbox (GI) on DTTG. A month or so ago I added a bunch of items to DT3 GI, they synced, but then moved them elsewhere on DT3. DTTG did not pick this up.

In the meantime, I have added items to the GI on mobile and Mac, and the sync for all the items is flawless, except for those items added a month ago. Stumped. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Are you using an iCloud sync?

Yes. And latest version of macOS & iOS.

Are you able to successfully verify the sync store (see e.g. contextual menu in Preferences > Sync on the Mac)?

Do you mean “Verify Database Quickly” in DT3? Comes up as successful for Inbox and the Database.

It is quite possible iCloud has stalled - a condition over which we have no control, nor can we even detect it. We can’t reproduce this issue, and some have said it “just started working!”

Here are a few things people have said “worked” , though we obviously can’t test it since we can’t reproduce it. I would try them individually, starting with the simplest…

• Reboot the problematic device(s).

• In DEVONthink’s Preferences > Sync , disable the iCloud location and quit the application. Relaunch DEVONthink and re-enable the sync location again.

• In iOS’ Settings > your Apple ID > iCloud, try disabling and re-enabling iCloud Drive and DEVONthink.

• In iOS’ Settings > your Apple ID, sign out of iCloud and sign back in.

• In macOS’ System Preferences > Apple ID > Overview, sign out and back in.

Thanks for your quick reply! Whilst I was verifying the sync, I cleaned the Databases…and that seems to have done the trick. DTTG was showing the “right” data, DT3 is now showing this “old” items in the inbox again.

So, back to organise those 20 or so files, and we’re back in a happy place. Thanks again!

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Yes, cleaning and resyncing can often be employed to get afresh start.
Cheers!

Dang, spoke too soon. Organised on DT3, changes weren’t synced to DTTG. Have done the first three things in your list of recommendations, will leave it overnight, see what happens…and then attempts the last two things and cross my finger!

Sounds good. Let us know tomorrow then.

Yay, it sorted itself!

Good to hear.
Since iCloud is a two-stage sync and iCloud runs on it’s own schedule, it can sometimes take a bit longer than anticipated.