DT3 freezes on open

Hi, DT3 won’t open. It shows the loading screen and the turning colored ball. I’m running version 3.6.1 on Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6. I’ve force quit and also tried reopening.

I restarted the MBP and was able to open the app. It looks like the encrypted databases didn’t load. Let me know if you want any more information to help diagnose. This has happened before.

If this should happen again then please launch Apple’s Activity Monitor application (see Applications > Utilities), select the frozen DEVONthink app. in the list of processes, choose the menu item View > Sample Process and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Will do. Thanks

I’m having a similar problem running the latest version of DT on Big Sur 11.6. DT takes up to 98% CPU when I open it. The only database open is the Global Inbox. I have to click the DT icon twice to get the window to appear. All looks OK, but when I try to do anything I get the spinning wheel and DT freezes. This happens if I try to view an item in the Inbox or if I try to open another database.

I’ve saved the Sample Process from Activity Monitor and I can send it if required.

Yes, please hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket. Attach the process sample for us to inspect. Thanks!