DT3 - Get info ⇧⌘i

Just wondering if there is any way to move the cursor to the Get info floating window after activating it. Once I click on it, I can use ⌃⇥ to navigate on it, but I have not been able to get to it without using the mouse.

When you open the Info popover, the cursor should be in the Name field automatically. Tabbing _(and Shift-tabbing) can move through the fields.

Must be some sort of bug, then. No matter how much I try, I can’t seem to place the cursor in the info popover without using the mouse.

So you select a file in the item list, press Shift-Command-I and… where is the cursor focused?
Are you selecting in search results, smart group, …?

Ok, so apparently it is working fine on my second machine (MacBookPro). The problem happens only in the iMac. Both machines are set pretty much in the same way and are running the latest OS. I will try to do some digging to see if I can find the cause of this. Any advice is appreciated.

I would try it on the iMac using a clean, second user account first.

It does work on a clean second user account.

I believe this is not really an issue with DT3. The same is happening on Bear (another app).
Damm macOS…

Damm macOS…

Wheee!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Jim @BLUEFROG, when rebuilding a database, do records loose their original UUID and get a new one?

UUIDs are maintained, for sure.
You’d only get new UUIDs if you were exporting and importing yourself.

1 Like

Perfect!

• What about when duplicating or moving the records to another database?
  • Also, I have an indexed Dropbox folder that got moved in one mac to an external SSD /T5/Dropbox. In the other one, though, it is still at ~/Dropbox. Could this be made to work? I mean, the same indexed folder would be at different locations depending on the mac.

By the way, I hope you are doing better :slightly_smiling_face:

Moving retains the UUID, duplicating assigns a new one.

This isn’t possible, indexed items have to be located in the same locations on different Macs.

In this case, is there anything that can be done short of moving the Dropbox folder back to the home path?

Moving it back is probably the only reliable option.

1 Like

Ok, thank you for letting me know, Christian :slightly_smiling_face:

The only other option would be to have an external drive with the same name connected to each machine.
However, if that drive ever mounts incorrectly (getting a number appended after it), this could also cause an issue. Not guaranteed to happen, but something to be aware of.