- DT3 hung beachballing, with 4 databases open for several minutes. No response to mouse or keyboard.
- After force quit, DT reopened with:
- A generic (no data) splash screen (“Welcome to this application”)
- No open databases other than global Inbox
- After computer restart, DT3 opens with a blank splash screen and no databases open.
Bug report submitted with a spindump and screen shots.
If DEVONthink isn’t terminated properly, then it doesn’t reopen the last used databases/documents (as this could cause endless crashes and did in the past).
Thanks - I guessed as much and I can also see that caches might not be properly maintained.
I just emptied the DT cache (from the app) and ran the Mac system cleanup scripts (daily weekly monthly) from the Terminal and the splash screen behaviour is back to normal - so I guess that’s a cache issue?
No, it’s a WebKit cache and the splash screens don’t use this. A screenshot might help if this should happen again.
Screenshots are in with the bug report.
Thanks as always for the quick reply