DT3 on two computers

I would like to have DT3 on two computers. I already have it on one of them. I have two questions about this.

1. Do I need to buy another copy of DT3 for the second computer?
  2. What is the best way to sync DT3 on two computers?

Thanks,
Martin

When you upgrade or purchase DEVONthink 3, you get two seats, per-machine licenses. So you can use the license on both machines.

—-
There is no ”best way” but a Bonjour sync on your local network is a good option.

Sync is discussed in the Help > Documentation > In & Out > Sync section of the built-in Help.

Thanks so much. I now have DT3 running on both laptops and synchronized using iCloud. So far all seems well in that I have all my data on both machines. Simply have to add something to one of them to make sure the sync continues working well.

Martin

You’re very welcome.

Vielen Dank hierfür.
Habe die Version auf den 2. Mac heruntergeladen und habe 2 alternativen kaufen oder 150 Stunden nutzen. Wiegelt es weiter ?
Thank you very much for this.
Downloaded the version to the 2nd Mac and have 2 alternatives buy or use 150 hours. How to continue ?

Olaf, I think you may have replied on the wrong post. Du musst einfach nur den gleichen Lizenzschlüssel in DT auf dem zweiten Mac eingeben, den du schon beim ersten Mac verwendet hast. Den entsprechenden Menüpunkt findest du unter DEVONthink 3/License…

did it but told me I already use the licence in 2 apps. that is not the case. on the second mac i have still dtpo 2 installed I erased the licence there but doe not help.
I always get
Bitte entfernen Sie die Lizenz von einem anderen Gerät oder kaufen Sie zusätzliche Arbeitsplätze. Versuchen Sie es dann noch einmal.

Log onto your account at https://www.devontechnologies.com, under Your Licences select DEVONthink 3, then under Devices select Edit and remove the license from the device it is associated with but which you are no longer using.

in my account there is no edit licence

i only get this
Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-05 um 14.05.04.pdf (79.5 KB)

Best to contact DEVONthink support directly for licensing issues…

Sorry, I don’t download files from the forum for security reasons. Please post a screenshot. Or as @rmschne says, contact DT directly.

habe die Software auf einem Gerät insalliert. Um den anderen Mac zu benutzen gebe ich die Lizenz ein und erhalte Fehler

Bitte entfernen Sie die Lizenz von einem anderen Gerät oder kaufen Sie zusätzliche Arbeitsplätze. Versuchen Sie es dann noch einmal.

auf dem 2. Mac ist die Version DTPO2 installiert

Die registrierten Geräte können auch über das Kundenkonto (s. Hilfe > Ihr Kundenkonto) überprüft & bearbeitet werden.

Aber damit hast du ja beide Sitze in Betrieb; wenn du DTPO2 nicht mehr brauchst, dann kannst du diesen Sitz freigeben.