DT3 opening Dropbox online only files

Dropbox is linked to my DT3 database. I need to make one of the Dropbox folders online only because there is not enough space on my laptop.

It looks like DT3 is trying to open the files and hence making them local. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

In the bottom left-corner of the menu area, I see Updating Items, and it is showing the files I want to keep online only.

I am attaching a screenshot of the message I receive from Dropbox when I change the files to online only.

Dropbox is linked to my DT3 database.

Do you mean you’re indexing your Dropbox folder or some subfolder?

You should only index local files and it’s good Dropbox is warning you of potential problems.

Yes, I am referring to indexing. I did not know that I can index only a specific folder in Dropbox. Can I do that?

I am a bit lost though. I have two Dropbox accounts, one for work and one personal, each of them with various folders and files.

Both of these accounts are indexed in DT3. However, the issue for online/ local files appears only for the personal account. The work account does not even offer the personal/local option.

How can I stop the indexing for an individual Dropbox folder?

How can I stop the indexing for an individual Dropbox folder?

You can’t.

In DEVONthink, select the indexed parent group, i.e., if you indexed your entire Dropbox folder, select the Dropbox group in DEVONthink.
Move it to the database’s trash, empty the trash, and choose Only In Database when prompted.
Then index only the desired subfolder in your Dropbox folder, regardless of what Dropbox account you’re indexing from.

However, the issue for online/ local files appears only for the personal account. The work account does not even offer the personal/local option.

This is a Dropbox question.

Are you also using Dropbox for syncing DEVONthink?

1 Like

That’s helpful. Thank you.

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like