DT3 Overlapping icons in the toolbar

I just downloaded the update from DT3 beta 7 to DT3 final and planning how best to migrate my huge Inbox when I noticed that the icons in the toolbar are all messed up. It looks like an editing toolbar is overlaying the main toolbar and it won’t go away. I have restarted the app, and rebooted to no avail.

Here is what it looks like:

I have an empty group selected in the left hand panel. There are no files selected.

This will be addressed in the next maintenance release. It should be resolved with a quit and restart or you can use Icons & Text or Text Only.
… or you could just buy it - :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Thanks, quit and restart didn’t fix it, but no problem… It works fine on my MacBook, only a problem on the iMac.

And of course I will buy it :grinning:, was just waiting for it to get out of Beta and deciding how to upgrade. In my home we have 4 computers and I have a DT Pro and a DT Pro Office license since 2011, will probably just upgrade them both to DT3 Pro instead of trying to decide which computer needs which features now and in the future…

Congrats on getting the final release out. I’m excited about using it full time now instead of just testing it out.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi

The overlapping problem has returned with the last version
Attach screenshot

Thanks

Actually we never fixed it as we couldn’t reproduce this so far. Does this happen right after launching the app? Which version of macOS?

It happen now all the time even after restarting the Mac or DT.
Cant get out of it…

Does it work again after deleting the preferences by entering defaults delete com.devon-technologies.think3 in the Terminal.app while DEVONthink 3 isn’t running?

YES. now its OK. Thank you!

Still happening all the time… Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 19.38.59

Control-click the toolbar and set it to Icon and Text. Then quit and relaunch DEVONthink.
Does the issue still occur?

YES same thing

Leave it set to that, quit DEVONthink, and try the defaults delete command @cgrunenberg mentioned earlier. See if it recurs with the toolbar set to Icon and Text.

Yes it is working now but this is happening every week or so and deleting the defaults also delete all other DT3 preferences as well… new setup every time is not fun…

Leave the toolbar as it is set up and see if it recurs.

Which version of macOS do you use? When exactly does this happen? I’ve never been able to reproduce this.

Ver 10.15.5
It’s happening after intensive use of DT3 and sort actions…
Restart never help and same for closing the DB

It’s happening after intensive use of DT3 and sort actions…

Please clarify what you’re referring to here. Thanks.