DT3 Underline color

Using DT 3… Is there a way to change the default underline color when annotating a PDF? I’d like to set it to red, so that whenever I highlight text and hit Command-U, I see a red underline instead of a black one.

I see that I can change the color of the highlight very easily. I’d like the same for the underline feature.

I also noticed that if I change the color of text for the text annotation it remembers it but the underlining never remembers the color; it always reverts to black.

I’d settle for a script that would take all underlines and convert to red if that is possible. I’d like to differentiate between my markups and the underlined text in a PDF. Highlights are too in my face. I think a red or blue underline works best for me or some other color I can set.

The request is noted, but no this can’t be accomplished via AppleScript.

Highlights are too in my face.

PS: You know you can change the color of highlights in Preferences > Colors, yeah?

I meant it is too intrusive even with changing the color. I just like the aesthetics of the underline.

I think there is a bug with changing the highlight colors. I changed the “yellow” color in the settings. The yellow was previously selected so when I went to select text and highlight again, it was the original yellow. I had to re-select the yellow from the menu for it to engage and display the correct “yellow” the next time I selected text and highlighted it.

Which menu are you referring to? Format > Highlight Color updated as expected.

Currently the Highlight Color for yellow is set to an pinkish color. (For illustration purposes)

Now I set it to a lime green in the settings.

I select the text, go to the Format > Highlight Color menu item to see if the color is correct. But I don’t re-select the color.

With the text highlighted, I press Shift-Command-L, and the original color is used not the one I changed to.

It seems like I need to re-select the color on the Format > Highlight menu before using it, even though the menu is showing the new color correctly selected.

Please check this out when the next public beta becomes available. I am not seeing the issue in the internal beta I’m running.

Just a +1 from my side with regards to the original feature request: I would love to be able to change the underlining color just as dynamically as the highlighting color – so not just changing the default color but also having a color set to choose from. I understand that this is a feature not even every pdf app in the market provides – but a lot of them do and it seems relatively easy to implement, so I figured I might as well ask.

DTTG already has the feature.

(For context, my workflow: I always use underlining & highlighting colors in sync so that every color means something (positive/noteworthy, bad, severely bad, did not understand, etc.) and use highlighting for important things and underlining for minor things. This helps with finding the most important highlights when in time trouble.)

Yes, I’d like to be able to choose colours for the underlining also.