DT3's 'Clutter Free' Clip (as PDF) from Safari Option Not Working

Restarting DT makes it able to convert to web archive again, but the plugin in Firefox does not work even after that and restarting the plugin again by deactivating and reactivating it in Firefox preferences.
Also the plugin vert frequently stops being able to download PDFs, I need to save them in the inbox and import to the correct group and tags manually later.
This is quite painful.

Same problem here (with Chrome, Safari, etc.)
For example: a desired “web archive” format is saved as “web internet location”. And more: if I edit the name of the capture, the saved file ignores those changes (keep the default name)

If you are consistently only getting bookmarks, rebooting the machine should alleviate this.

Is there a specific URL you had an issue with?

Same problem. Rebooting doesn’t help. Workaround has been to print the Safari page, and from the Mac’s usual print dialog, to select “save PDF to DT.”

What’s the URL of the page? And which version of macOS and DEVONthink do you use?

I recently upgraded to v3 and have this same problem. very frustrating. rebooting does not help. all pages saved as bookmark in DT regardless of permutation of PDF Paginated, PDF one page - and Clutter Free or not.

One oddity - sometimes when i click the bookmark in DT, it opens a Finder like dialogue that would let me Save As PDF in Finder. Other times just opens a window in DT with the webpage in browser like interface.

All worked find before i upgraded from DTPO 2… I hope a solution is found soon.

FYI, I am using 2018 MacBook Pro with High Sierra. Have not upgraded O/S because I have to deal with some things that won’t work (such as 32 bit apps). But from reading this forum, it does not seem this problem is related to my using an older operating system (ie, would not be magically solved when I sort out all my tech issues and can safely update to latest O/S)

same for me - all saving as kind “web internet location”.

Which version of DEVONthink and macOS do you use? A screenshot of the used settings of Clip to DEVONthink plus the URL would be useful too.

v.3.6.1 of Devonthink3

I am using 2018 MacBook Pro with High Sierra. Have not upgraded O/S because I have to deal with some things that won’t work (such as 32 bit apps). But from reading this forum, it does not seem this problem is related to my using an older operating system (ie, would not be magically solved when I sort out all my tech issues and can safely update to latest O/S)

Just tried this successfully on High Sierra using version 3.6.1. Does it work after rebooting? How did you activate Clip to DEVONthink?

Still not working. Does not create paginated PDF
using 3.6.1. High Sierra.
Activated in Chrome by clicking on add-on DT3 installed in toolbar.

SND4469

Just creates bookmark in DT3 with kind noted as “Web internet location”
No change in behavior after rebooting.

Really frustrating since big part of my daily workflow to clip PDFs of web pages.
Worked flawlessly in Devonthink Pro Office before I ugraded to DT3…

My temporary workaround has been to open Chrome URL in Safari and then run keyboard maestro macro invoking keyboard shortcut for Save PDF to Devonthink 3

Time consuming to open Chrome URL in Safari.
And saved PDF does not capture URL in DT file created (as occurred in DT Pro Office - paginated PDF created AND also captured URL from which PDF created)

Uhm.

Just stumbled upon you statement.

Servers from DEVONthink get used? :flushed:

For what exactly, in which situation or what type of usage?

When you capture a web via share sheet in Safari in macOS and select “Cuttler-Free”, the “clutterization” is (perhaps was and is not in latest versions) at Devontechnologies servers (or at least a DT server is involved).

Thanks a bunch.
Will not use this anymore, then.

It’s reminiscent of the unwitting revelation that Apple’s checks OCSP app certification, which all went horribly wrong when the server that handles it all started acting up and no-one could open their apps. That caused all sorts of ruckus.

I’m not concerned that DEVONthink are aggregating data from this (though I don’t know they’re not), but there is a case to say that the fact of the data transmission should be blatantly up-front and centre, right in the app, via some privacy alert, say the first time you use it. If there is one, I missed it.

Further comments after more testing (Chrome extension / high sierra / DT 3):

clicking Chrome extension will save as PDF (One Page) - clutter free or not

PDF (Paginated) not working directly from Chrome - saves bookmark as noted before

BUT just discovered can click next to bookmark in DT3 and create PDF (Paginated) - and then delete bookmark… Better than my earlier noted Safari workaround from Chrome to get a PDF…
Obviously still would be great to avoid extra steps and create PDF (Paginated) directly from one click on Chrome extension - but at least have found path to get what i need

What URL did you try to capture from Chrome?

This happens randomly in my case too. Sometimes capturing in PDF or Webarchive just stops working. I have not checked if decluttering could be the culprit, but I will try the next time I meet the problem. I use the last version of DT3 (currrently: 3.6.2) under OSX 10.14.6.

Does this depend on the URL? Does restarting the app fix this or is a reboot necessary?

All URLs behave tnhis way. Restarting the app does not fix this behavior nor does rebooting the machine.