from time to time DTP3 crashes. Mostly it is not reproducable but is more often in the last days. All check & repair routines had no issues brought up.
But this is not the “real problem”.
If DTP3 crashes this way it “forgot” the licence information after the restart. And every time it say: 30 days left in green in the top right corner of the app window. It makes no difference if DTP3 was closed and restarted several times since the last crash.
Greetings and thanks in advance
A crash shouldn’t have any impact on the license actually, it’s a separate file (~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 3/Registration.plist). At least as long as the license handling didn’t cause the crash. Therefore please choose Help > Report Bug while pressing the Alt modifier key and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com - thanks!
Thanks for you reply. But the sync.log and console.log files that are append to the email are about 65 MB each.
Should I “tail” and / or zip these files?
You could of course zip the files.
Short update here: nearly 2 days after a fresh download / reinstall of DTP3 NO crashes so far. I will observe this further and report back. Thanks so far!
Follow up here: This morning I had the first crash after the reinstall. But it was different than before. I assume it was an issue with importing email as mail app crashed too. After restarting DTP3 the licence was still active and nothing was reset.
For now I think that something must have went wrong when upgrading the app last time to 3.0.4 as the reinstall seems to solved it.
Thanks for your effords so far!
Hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket so we cn look at the crash logs. Thanks.
Since my last post DTP3 crashed 4-5 times which I was able to tear down a little bit deeper:
- Mostly a Mac wake up or DTP3 being a long time in background is involved, somehow
- importing by “Share” -> send to DTP3 is mostly involved (I usually use the global inbox for that)
- a crash is signalised beforehand by not previewing the files any more; only an icon of the filetype and the filename are displayed like not displayable filetypes
- the Preferences pane is empty (screenshot attached) before the restart of DTP3
- no bug report is possible before a restart of DTP3
- 3 of 5 times DTP3 now did not “forgot” the licence after restarting
- all this happened only on one specific Mac, not a second one which I use round about twice the time in hours (office Mac) a week
All this is very strange and I more and more get the feeling that something with the mac is problematic.
Did you send a bug report as suggested? Are you able to verify all your databases successfully (see File > Verify & Repair Database…)?