DTP3 - Mail import missing?

I didn’t see this disclosed, it seems that DTP3 no longer has File --> Import --> Email. This was the only reliable mechanism I found to get my email into DTPO from Mail, I spent days troubleshooting why the Mail filter Apple Script importing wasn’t working and I lost a ton of important email before realizing this tool was completely unreliable.

Was this feature abandoned entirely or just not available in the current beta?

I have been using the Importer option for quite some time, and while it would be great to have it be automatic…I will take predictable and reliable 1000Xs over the easier option that often missed or duplicated messages.

1 Like

Did you try the help page at Contents>In & Out>Archiving Email? Looks like this is all done by the Import sidebar now.

1 Like

Yes, i did find that…however I find that flow to be less than desirable. I use Automator flows and to do this via this new method doesn’t work as as well, of course without actually paying for version 3 I can’t even test this…I thought that the app was full functionality during the beta period, but it is not as it has a limit on how many imported messages can be managed.

1 Like