DTPO 2.9.5 fixes problems with Sierra?

Hello there,

Gratz on getting the maintenance update out so quickly. I think you are trying to clean up the problems caused by apples new pdf handling.

I see that we now have the ability to select pages of a pdf in the sidebar of DTPO.

Was it intended that we wouldn’t be able to delete selected pages? The context option is visible but greyed out.

I’m probably missing something very obvious but I use this a lot to clean up blank ‘back pages’ on scans.

Regards,

Simon.

I’m seeing Delete Selected Pages in the PDF sidebar’s contextual menu in DEVONthink Pro Office 2.9.5. Albeit, I’m still on El Capitan.

@Simon: Please read the Release Notes, as a few outstanding issues are listed there. Thanks.

Not seeing with Exchange or iCloud Sent items mailboxes???

I’m not sure what you’re referring to.

Not sure how to post a picture. But when I click to import email using the icon I added to the menu bar of the DTPO window, A new importing window opens with the folders from Apple Mail and two accounts, Exchange (college where I work) and Apple Mail iCloud account, I see all folders except “Sent Mail” from Exchange or Apple Mail.

@Jim,

Many thanks. Should have read that all the way down :slight_smile:

Looks like the next move must be Apple’s then.

S.

Hopefully, they’ll address this stuff. However, we cannot presume they will and we will fix whatever we can. (We have been having to work around problems with Apple Mail’s attachment handling since Mavericks! :open_mouth: :confused: )

Thanks for the quick, preliminary Sierra update. I am happy to finally see clickable page previews in the sidebar again.

Apple has an annoying tendency to almost never fix bugs that don’t impact their own applications. They’re probably happy with the new PDF engine in macOS and iOS. :cry:

That’s why we’re currently considering to develop our own version of the sidebar.