DTPro3 hanging on OCR from Scansnap

** DTPro 3.0.1, MacOS 10.14.6 (Mojave), Scansnap S1500, Scansnap Manager 6.3.50.1006 (32bit)

I have just paid the upgrade from DT2ProOffice to DTPro3. My workflow is that ALL scansnap-scanned documents get OCR’d and goto Devonthink, using the ‘send to application devonthink’ functionality of Scansnap manager. Previously, I could OCR to a searchable PDF in both Scansnap and/or Devonthink. Now, whenever I enable OCR in Devonthink the document will not import. The scanned document name is listed in the activity window but the import never completes.

I would like to move all OCR functionality to Devonthink, as this reduces my dependency on Scansnap Manager. Can anyone help ?

Note - i have searched the forum for this issue. there were a few close matches but most are either too old or not specific to my situation.

Thanks

Did you install the OCR resources via DEVONthink 3 > Install Add-Ons?

That worked !! :grinning:

Thankyou @cgrunenberg

Curious if there are any community recomendations of whether OCR in Scansnap or DT3 is preferred ?

There is a third way - use improved standalone FineReader 12 in a Smart Rule. Here is how to do it, and possible reasons to do it.