DTTG 1.5.5 won't work

I just installed the latest update of Devonthink to go (1.5.5) on my iPad Air running 8.1.3. It crashes every time I tap on the icon to launch it. The screen goes white and then the home screen reappears.

I removed it from the iPad and reinstalled and was able to launch it. Of course, I lost everything I’d been syncing and had to reset. But it wouldn’t synchronize. I closed the app and tried to relaunch but can’t. Every time I tap the icon to launch, the same thing happens as described above.

Have you rebooted your mobile device?

I had exactly the same problem on my iPad AIR (but not on the iPhone 5s).

I did a restart (not reset) and it worked perfect after that.

How to restart
Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.

Good luck!

Yes, I just did it. Same results as yesterday.

I still had the app installed so I removed it, rebooted the ipad, reinstalled the app and tried again. Same sequence of events as reported yesterday.

Please start a Support Ticket. Thank you.

FWIW, I just submitted a ticket for the same exact problem on an iPad Mini running iOS 8.1.3.

We have submitted a build that hopefully fixes this issue over a week ago to Apple. Unfortunately it’s not even “in review” by now. We hope that Apple will review and release our update sooner than later.