For some reason my DTTG 3 is not syncing. At the Home screen I pull (swipe) down and the cloud turns blue for a moment and then stops and turns grey. nothing is updated and my data is over a month old compared to my DT Pro on my desktop. Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this?
- Is there anything reported in DEVONthink’s Window > Log?
- Is there a triangle on the sync icon in DEVONthink To Go’s bottom toolbar? If so, touch it and tell me what it reports.
DT Log says: From yesterday multiple times from 2:38 pm to 3:15 pm “The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error-1001.) Timeout”
DTTG3 : No, there is not a triangle on the sync icon.
That is a server timeout, not a sync issue.
What kind of sync are you doing?
As I expected. This isn’t uncommon with Dropbox servers, though it is non-fatal.
However, have you opened DEVONthink To Go Settings > Sync: Locations and checked to see the sync location is active and databases enabled to sync?
Ahhh…it is telling me encryption key is not valid. But, I can’t seem to find the key I set up for DT3. I can see the store on Dropbox, but don’t know the key.
- Do a Spotlight search for Keychain and open the Keychain Access application.
- In the logins section on the left, look for a key named DEVONcloudy Encryption (name of service) like DEVONcloudy Encryption (Dropbox).
- Double-click it and check the Show password checkbox. You will be required to enter your Administrative password. (This is the password you use to log into your machine with.)
- Press Allow (or Always Allow, if desired) and the password will be shown.
- Take note of the password, then quit Keychain Access.
Then in DEVONthink To Go’s Settings > Sync: Locations, tap the Edit link, then tap the sync location to open the sync store properties.
Enter the encryption key in both fields and press Save.
Ok. That worked.
Now…which way is it suppose to sync? There is already data in DTTG3, but it is over a month old. Will it sync automatically correctly? Or do I have to make some revisions in the setup?
Also, Thank you VERY much for the help.
You’re welcome and it’s a bidirectional sync.
The databases should merge.