DTTG and indexed folder in DT3

I am seeing an odd behavior, any tips on a better way to do this?

I have ScanSnap Home (S1300i) scanning documents into a folder.
I have DT3 setup with the folder in ScanSnap Home as an indexed folder in a seperate database.
I have DTTG setup to sync the database with the folder.

My goal is to process scans on my iPad including name changes, annotations and moving into the proper folder in my DEVONthink database/folder setup (always outside of the DT3 database with the indexed folder mentioned above)

Here’s what happens:
Scan documents and everything ends up in DT3 via index folder as expected.
I use ‘move to database’ to bring the scans inside DT3 and remove them from the ScanSnap folder.
I check and the ScanSnap folder is now empty as expected.
I wait for sync to DTTG on my iPad to complete.
I change the ScanSnap generated filename.
I look back on the Mac folder and discover that DTTG has pushed the file, with the new name, all the way back to the previously empty ScanSnap folder on the Mac.
Not really what I wanted…

Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks, Lee

Did you change the name on the Mac or on the iPad?

I changed the name on the iPad.

But the scan was in the right group on the iPad before renaming it?

I just reproduced this here.

1. Index a group on the desktop.
  2. Move the files into the database and verify they’re not in the Finder folder.
  3. Sync DEVONthink To Go.
  4. Change the filenames in DEVONthink To Go.
  5. Go get a cup of coffee and when I come back :slight_smile: , the files are renamed and again indexed. Verified the files are in the Finder folder with the new names now.

This is by design?

I wasn’t expecting the files back in the file system folder after I moved them into the database and they were deleted.

I renamed the file before moving it out of the folder.

I didn’t say it was “by design”. I said I reproduced the behavior here.

The only difference in my scenario is I didn’t move my items out of the group in DEVONthink.
However, there is still an issue as the files were moved into the database in DEVONthink, but returned to an indexed state after and syncing with DEVONthink To Go.

Fixed for the next version.