DTTG Download files

Hello ,
how do I download files to DTTG again, which I have purged before?
I only see „pdf-document“ and „download“ when I choose the item, but no icon to start the download.

When you choose such an item that is not yet downloaded you should see an empty screen with some details about the file and a Download button. That button will only be active (colored) when the sync would be able to download it. That means, you’ll need an active network connection and, in if you use syncing via Bonjour, that DEVONthink is opened on your Mac.

That’s what I expected it should be, but I can’t find any Download-Button. It always looks like the screenshot I have attached.

The text line “Herunterladen (1 KB)” would be colored in DEVONthink To Go blue when it can be downloaded. Can you sync? Is the sync cloud icon available? How do you sync (WebDAV, Dropbox, Bonjour)? Downloading items only works when you can also sync (it’s the same process).

BTW: Welcome to our user community!

That’s it!
I forgot to enable the synchronisation of the global Infos and my personal database.
With enabling the Sync is avalaible and the download is possible.
Thanks for your help.

You’re most welcome!

Here I am again.
The problem is back, this time with working sync and the “Download” in blue.
If I click on it, it starts working for a short time and goes back to the “Download” without doing anything. Sync works with MagentaCLOUD
If I import a new document and purge it, the download works.

For the settings I attached a screenshot.

And a second question: is there a possibility to filter the items without a tag?

Please reopen your support ticket. Thanks.

Hi Bluefrog,
I have the same problem like andth. The “Download” - link is in blue.
If I click on it, it starts working for a short time and goes back to the “Download” without doing anything.
Can you help me

This condition usually occurs if:

• The sync location isn’t responding
  • The contents are unavailable for downloading, which can happen when not synchronizing the contents of indexed files on a Mac
  • The files are missing in the database on a Mac

In DEVONthink To Go 2, select Help > Contact Us to start a Support Ticket. Thanks!

What needs to be done to sync the contents of indexed items?

I am having an issue with a datastore that I created using DT3 (via Dropbox) and to which I synced a DT3 database of indexed files from my Mac that I want to be able to access/search using DTTG. Even though I have verified the datastore multiple times on multiple devices (both macOS and iOS), no databases appear on iOS for me to sync to my device. Could this be an issue caused by the fact that (inadvertently) I did not sync the contents of the indexed items to the datastore in Dropbox that DTTG is trying to access?

no databases appear on iOS for me to sync to my device. Could this be an issue caused by the fact that (inadvertently) I did not sync the contents of the indexed items to the datastore in Dropbox that DTTG is trying to access?

No. The symptom of not synchronizing the contents of indexed items is you will never be able to download the contents of files in DEVONthink To Go.

• Is the Mac and mobile device logged into the same Apple ID?
  • Is anything shown in DEVONthink’s Window > Log or the sync icon in the bottom toolbar of DEVONthink To Go?
  • How many databases are syncing from the Mac and how large are they (see File > Database Properties for each)?

Yes, same AppleID for both the Mac and my iPhone (XS Max) and (3rd-gen/12.9") iPad Pro. I forgot to mention that I am experiencing this same behavior on both iOS devices, which is what led me to suspect that maybe it was a function of not having properly setup the sync to store indexed-items’ content.

Nothing at all shows up in Window > Log; it is completely empty. When I synced to the datastore for the first time (earlier today), I saw tons of activity in the Window > Activity dialog box.

I should’ve clarified my syncing setup: in order not to risk data loss or any issues with my DTPO databases, I created a separate Dropbox datastore (“dt3.dtcloud”) for use with the one and only database that I am using in DT3 for the data I know is otherwise safely stored and accessible in my DTPO databases and dedicated datastore (also in Dropox - “datastore.dtcloud”).

datastore.dtcloud, has 12 databases, only 6 of which sync to my iOS devices. The Global Inbox has 0.86 GB. Two of the databases that sync to my iOS devices are index-only (they are < 0.1 GB combined); the three that have full content stored in them are 23.8 GB, 1.8 GB, and 0.313 GB. Each of these is setup to download items on demand rather than automatically.

dt3.dtcloud has only 1 database (1.8 GB) and it is index-only. I should mention that the database in this datastore that I use with DT3 has the same name as one of the databases that I sync from datastore.dtcloud. I don’t know whether that would be relevant to diagnosing the issue but, just in case…

In DEVONthink To Go 2, select Help > Contact Us to start a Support Ticket. Thanks!

1 Like