DTTG Feature Request

DEVONthink 3 Pro’s rich text editor offers excellent text bullet features. However, DTTG’s rich text editor appears to offer none. Can DEVONthink 3 Pro’s text bullet options be added to DTTG’s rich text editor?

The text editor in DEVONthink To Go is being built from the ground up to provide better and more functionality than the third-party framework we’re currently using. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

@BLUEFROG Thank you for your response. That’s information I did not know. Does that mean that text editor features like DEVONthink Pro’s text bullets are being considered for future implementation within DTTG?

You’re welcome.

I can’t speak too in-depth as it’s still in development but it is a new rich text editor and yes, it will support creating bulleted lists.

2 Likes

Thank you. That’s enough depth for now.

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Reviving an old thread here, but my question is very relevant to this comment :slight_smile:

Now that we have the new editor in DTTG 3.5+, are there still plans to add bullet lists on the mobile apps for RTF? It is curiously absent. I’d (maybe incorrectly) assume that implementing bullet lists would be a priority / easier to to build than support for tables (which is present).

I can’t use RTF at all due to my heavy use of bullet lists in my notes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bullets lists are a feature that we would like to include for RTF documents in the text editor, however they are very poorly supported in the underlying iOS text system components. Once we have a reliable workaround to these limitations they will be include in DTTG.

1 Like

Acknowledge challenges DEVONTech faces but would add +1 on timely introduction improvement and consistencies of RTF on DEVONthink + DTTG. Formats are inconsistent between 2 platforms plus challenges of using lists/bullets on DTTG. As @theBrady said, can’t really use RTF on DTTG and I would also add on DEVONthink as well. I’m a heavy note taking user.

When you say formats are inconsistent, what in particular are you referring too?

Look & feel editing on DEVONthink vs DTTG; tools are different, styles/heading selection, fonts Avenir Next font size 14 but DTTG doesn’t have 14 as an example, etc. From memory, no indentation on DTTG as well (if remember correctly)? Obviously lists/bullets are missing on DTTG.

Hoping to see consistency between 2 platforms so can confidently and quickly take notes.

For what it’s worth, editors is a weakness of DT & DTTG. Yeah I know it’s not supposed to be a full blown editing app but would be great to have decent and consistency between the 2. As a user, it’s frustrating to use DT & DTTG to write especially RTF.

Has there been any update on this? It seems that multiple basic features are still missing for rich text on DTTG (numbered list, bullet list, indent, etc).

Support for bullet lists in RTF is unlikely to be available anytime soon. As mentioned previously iOS only provides minimal support for list and no support for generating them.

The note from June 2021 said that with new editor it would be supported. Wasn’t the new iOS editor released earlier this year?

The note from June said that we would like to be able to support it if we could find a reliable workaround, unfortunately as yet we do not have this.