DTTG Not syncing - again

Its not syncing again.

I have tried everything from re synchronising databases, repairing databases, cleaning the sync store,deleting the app and reinstalling. It seems to be just DTTG. It syncs ok between my iMac and Macbook. It is uses Cloudkit.

I may be entering the sunk cost fallacy zone here. I think I am going to stop using it. The reality is I very rarely would need it on my iPhone, so it is not a productive use of time to be fiddling about with it trying to get it to work.

Just use something else. CloudKit is broken.
More diplomatically: CloudKit is well known to be the least reliable syncing method. You can simply use Bonjour instead. It is supposedly faster and in any case much more reliable.

2 Likes

I have a problem with Cloudkit and my iPad
It works fine for the Global Inbox, but aborts with my general filing database.
I need to investigate this further to isolate the problem

In the meantime, an easy solution was to install Bonjour sync which works fine
An annoyance is no cloud syncing; the devices must be on the same network, with Devonthink active

1 Like

What size and number of items in the database you were trying to sync?

5 databases. Average of ranging 78mb to 1.4gb.

Even the inbox global wont sync.

These are always the two starting questions with a sync issue…

• Is there anything reported in DEVONthink’s Window > Log?
  • Is there a triangle on the sync icon in DEVONthink To Go’s bottom toolbar? If so, tap it. What is reported?

There is a triangle. Multiple files with this message on. I have screen shot from the mac because I am getting the same message on the log window there.

In DEVONthink To Go, select ? > Contact Us to start a support ticket. Thanks!