DTTG search doesn't work with OCR

This behavior is bizarre, but my DTTG search stopped working after I set up a new database.

This used to be in the ‘download on demand’ setting but I switched it to the ‘always download’ version – I thought it would make it easier to grab data.

But, somehow now the search wouldn’t pick up anything written inside the documents.

For instance, for any receipts I have with numbers, I was able to pick up specific receipts based on search queries. Now, they just give me results based on title names.

Was DTTG downgraded? or is this a bug? or am I missing some parameters with my searches?

Welcome @seanjun21

There isn’t enough information to assess this.

for any receipts I have with numbers, I was able to pick up specific receipts based on search queries.

Where? In DEVONthink To Go?

Now, they just give me results based on title names.

With the same search terms?

So, yes, in DEVONthink To Go (DTTG), if I search for something like “$3” the search result wouldn’t give me anything.

When I perform the same search on the desktop app, I would get all the receipts that start with “$3” – including $3, $30, $300, etc.

I find this bizarre because this was the main feature of why I bought DTTG – the ability to search and pick up any documents within the database on mobile. And it was working fine maybe a month ago?

I migrated the old database into a new one and reconnected through sync. The only difference I made was making sure all items on the database were connected through the “always” download option (instead of downloading “on-demand”).

DEVONthink and DEVONthink To Go are not the same application, nor are they on the same platform. There are different underlying technologies in each, so there is not full parity in the search functions.

That being said, I have a document in a database with $1.97 in it and it was easily found when searching for text:$1.97 and press Return to commit to a full text search.

Maybe, why ever, something happened to the full-text index. Have you tried to long-press the database in question in the databases list and choose Verify & Repair, just as a first try?