DTTG Smart Groups?

Any update on this feature.

It is my most wanted feature. User defined smart group in DTTG.

No, there is nothing to report here.

I’ve read through the thread and can fully understand that it will be launched when smart groups can be created on iOS. I would think that ‘just saving’ the search query strings would already be a nice way :wink:

Just adding my vote to this that it will be useful, so here’s to hoping to a future update!

Recent searches are already saved.

Yes, recent searches are great. But they get ‘pushed’ out of the way and are not accessible in a fixed spot. Just having them ‘clickable’ on the home screen would already be helpful, e.g. by simply clicking ‘Save this search’ or something similar (this also circumvents the “Smart group builder”-problem for now)

Thanks for pointing out the existing quasi “hidden” groups in DTTG.
I understand the complications of smart groups on iOS.

Nevertheless, would it be possible to also provide the smart group “Today” too? Maybe in an upgrade to come?
In my experience when adding something to DTPO through the share menu, and then want to go in DTPO to find the added item and to “move” it to the place where I want it to be, the single one easiest way to find that item is to look into Smart Groups, the Today group.

Thanks for helping out!

Have you used the Recently Modified global smart group?

What’s been the progress here? The lack of smart groups in DTTG is preventing me from using this otherwise very useful app.

Even if Smart Groups were available on DTTG (which would be nice), they’d not offer the same functionality as on DT – no support for scripting on i*OS since Apple does not provide the necessary infrastructure for that.

Yeah that’s fine, I just need the basic smart group functionality.

This might be useful:

Just saying – general expectations might be different. Some people complain if DTTG behaves not exactly like the desktop version. So, offering Smart Groups with limited functionality might cause discontent.

1 Like

I use a tag (smart-aaaaaaa) instead of creating a folder and replicants