DTTG sync is blocking?

I am constantly frustrated by the implementation of sync in DTTG. When I launch DTTG, it is because I am trying to find something. And, if I search, the results indeed show what I was searching for. BUT, because I am using the On-Demand option, I must download the file I want. Here is where the problem occurs. If my iOS device is behind on syncing, I cannot get nor see the data in the file I am trying to retrieve until the sync finishes. This can sometimes take many, many minutes.
Is there a way to not allow sync to block all other communication?

In this case the sync doesn’t block anything actually, the necessary and expected data is just not yet available on the device. What kind of sync location do you use and how large are your databases?

Thanks for the reply.
I use both Cloudkit and lan based sync.
Some of my databases are quite large and, for some reason, they want to resync the entire thing from time to time.

Perhaps. But, if I cancel the sync, the item I am trying to view will download immediately. Is that in line with what you would expect?

Some of my databases are quite large and, for some reason, they want to resync the entire thing from time to time.

Have you ever considered if you are syncing a database (or more) for which you have no real need to carry much of its info? Just curious.

Synchronizing a database can indeed block downloading of not yet available contents of the same database.

Yes, and I know I need to do some db cleanup. This particular db is from a large evernote import.

Ok. Is the recommended process then to cancel the sync so you can get the info you need or is there a better way?

Based on what you have said I think the better way is to cleanup the db. IOS devices may seem like real computers but are not. not good to overload them unnecessarily. just my two bits, as they say.

1 Like

You should be able to start a support ticket regardless of the sync is going or not. Select ? > Contact Us in DEVONthink To Go’s Home screen.