Duplicate Tags on DTTG but not DTPO

I just read a post in DTPO about being able to combine tags. Does that work for DTTG?

Somehow a bunch of my tags got duplicated (perhaps when I was on that prerelease beta to fix a syncing problem?). For example, I have one tag, development, that exists as two tags on DTTG (one article for each tag), and as one tag on DTPO (with two articles).

Now, when I tag a site using the Share Sheet, I’m presented with both tags as I start tying “dev….”

I’ve been putting off fixing the problem, but reading that post gives me hope. :slight_smile:

Sorry, but no it doesn’t work in DEVONthink To Go. This will likely be a feature of the next major release. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

1 Like

Assuming the next major release isn’t imminent, is there a best practice for fixing the problem?

Assuming the next major release isn’t imminent

That is a correct assumption.

The workaround would be to process the Tags in DEVONthink on the Mac.

1 Like

sadly, i might have to wait, then. on the mac, all is as it should: one tag. the duplication appears only on DTTG. oh! could i delete DTTG and then reinstall and pull down a new replica?

If the master databases are on the Mac and synced, then yes it is possible to delete DEVONthink To Go, reinstall, set up the sync location and reimport the databases.

1 Like

Thank you!

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like