Duplicate zero content subgroups created on syncing DTTG 3.0.1

Thank you for fixing the restore purchase bug.

I have a database with groups, some of which have subgroups. After I’ve synced the database to iCloudKit, those subgroups are duplicated with zero items in them. So, for example, I could have Home > Taxes > Taxes 2017 (33 items) in my desktop version. When I sync to my iPhone or iPad, I get the correct subfolder, but I also get a duplicate: Home > Taxes > Taxes 2017 (zero items).

I verified the database on the desktop.

I cleaned the database on iCLoudKit, deleted it on the devices, re-synced it, and re-uploaded it on the devices, but the same problem occurred.

What am I missing here?

Thanks a lot,

UPDATE: The duplicate subgroups still read “0 items”, but when opened they contain the same contents as the original subgroup (which reads, for example, “26 items”).

Try this…

1. Press the ? icon in the bottom toolbar.
  2. Go to Help > Appendix > Utility URL Commands.
  3. Press the Execute link under delete-caches.
  4. Quit and relaunch DEVONthink To Go.

I was hopeful about this utility (unknown to me), but, alas, there was no change after following your procedure.

(I have a screenshot, if that would help, but I can’t see a way to upload a file.)

You can drag and drop an image when you’re composing your reply.

Great to know, thanks, and I just saw the upload icon, too.

Are you seeing the duplicate groups only in DEVONthink To Go or in DEVONthink as well?

Just DTTG.

More info, which I hope will be helpful:

If I move a sub-folder reading 0 items to the trash, a new copy immediately shows up in the database, reading 0 items, AND the first copy remains in the trash.

If I then repeat this with the new 0 item copy, it disappears, and again, a new copy appears in the database, but only 1 copy remains in the trash; the 2nd moved copy does not show in the trash.

Is this when moving the group in DEVONthink, not DEVONthink To Go ?

DTTG. There are no duplicate sub-groups in DT to move.

With the 3.0.2 update come in, I had only 1 file in the “Ghost” group, and I couldn’t delete it. It would just re-appear, like the sub-groups. So, I deleted everything on the iPhone and iPad, cleaned the location on the Mac, removed the location, and started all over.

Same problem, unfortunately: the subgroups on the iPhone and iPad are duplicated with all the items in them, and when I move them to the trash, they re-appear within the subgroup.

Please let me know what you suggest I do next, thanks.

Do you still have DEVONthink To Go v2 installed?

No.

Select ? > Contact Us in DEVONthink To Go to start a support ticket.