Dynamic list by date

Is there a way to have a file which shows a list ordered by date which updates itself? Like an agenda list ordered by the date attached to each item.
So, there would be a list and each bullet point has a date with the nearest date at the top. If the dates are changed, items move up and down accordingly.
I can’t think of how to do it. Any help?

In theory, one could use an MD document and a script to update it. The hard pard, though, is this

“changed” implies that the setup would have to have a concept of “previous” and “now”. Which is not feasible with a simple script, AFAICT. Maybe there are todo apps which can handle that. Alternatively, a script could run at regular intervals and update the file. But than the items might not always be in order.

I think I’ve worked out how to do it. I’ve got a Sheet which will sort by date.
I just can’t figure out how to open an Item Link from it.

On the iPhone and iPad I can open the linked page with a tap. How do you open a linked item from MacBook or desktop?

By clicking on it.

Doesn’t work.

Not ‘dynamic’, but this is also my solution; notes refreshed by scheduled applescripts on my Mac
Also allows extended options beyond a simple “list by date”
and produces a document for access by my other devices (iPad)

I use this for my task list, projects table-of-contents notes, and budget spreadsheet

Command-click the cell to open it in a new window or tab (depending on your preferences).

Excellent. Thanks

You’re welcome.