I’ve just been experimenting with EasyFind again because Spotlight in Sierra is making me want to haul my ears off.
I discovered odd behaviour and don’t want to bother DevonTech Support until I’m sure that its really a thing (see explanation below).
Odd behaviour (repeatable):
- Use EasyFind to search for a file
- EasyFind locates the file on an external 1 TB ThunderBolt-connected SSD (its ALWAYS plugged in and mounted; in fact, its where my Dropbox, iTunes and Photos folders are stored since my internal SSD is only 256 GB)
- select the file in EasyFind’s window, choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Move to Trash’
- the file is deleted from the external drive but it doesn’t appear in the Trash, its just gone
- taking the same steps but for a file located on the internal drive results in expected behaviour: that is, the deleted file appears in the Trash (and can therefore be Put Back, restored or undeleted)
Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone duplicate this behaviour?
I’m inclined to accept that there is something amiss with my Sierra installation rather than with EasyFind:
- given that Spotlight is not returning search results as expected for files located on the external drive
- during troubleshooting I have re-indexed my Spotlight Index several times over the last two weeks
This is why I didn’t want to bother support: it may simply be an issue with my own particular setup. I may have to do a clean install to resume expected behaviour.