Editting problem(Uneditable)

I heard inquiries about this problem several times, but the document was not locked.

I will attach a pdf that is currently being edited and a pdf that cannot be edited, so please take a look.
Why are some things being edited and some not?
How can I make the non-editable pdf editable?

It is causing me great inconvenience. Please help me.

1. uneditable
    경제전망. 공급측면에서 확인되는 부담 요인.pdf (940.7 KB)
  2. editable
    유안타 데일리 산업별 이슈 및 코멘트 (21.02.23).pdf (615.5 KB)

In one case the PDFkit of macOS might corrupt the text layer of the document after editing, that’s why it’s automatically flagged as not editable.

Is also it a problem related to language?

So pdfkit is Apple’s problem, right? crying

Yes, especially Eastern languages cause this.

Unfortunately it is.

Would you like to see this?
In devonthink, it is not editable, but you saw that the reason is that the text layer is broken, but when viewed with an external program, it is normally editable and the text layer is also alive.

This was already explained as a PDFKit issue.
Preview may behave better.
Other external applications may not be using Apple’s PDFKit framework.

Thank you for explaining again. It is a pity that this part is very inconvenient for users of other languages.

You’re welcome.

What do you mean “Preview may behave better”?

It works fine in the preview, but the preview is apple native, but isn’t it using PDFkit…?
The fact that the preview using PDFkit does not have a problem is that PDFKit may not be the cause of the problem I think.

Sorry to bother you again.

No worries!

What do you mean “Preview may behave better”?

I mean, Preview may not exhibit an issue with particular PDFs, but I can’t speak for whether it would behave with all PDFs.

And yes, Preview uses PDFKit but Apple does things with it in Preview that we don’t have access to.

Okay.
I have to wait for it to be resolved someday.
Thank you again

No problem.