End of Day Processing

I’d like some help with my end of day processing and is this even possible?

I’d like to store the stuff I’m working on each day in DTP when I’m done for the day.

The Stuff -

• Open Tabs in Safari and Firefox
  • completed Reminders from Apple Reminders
  • all documents that were created or modified today including Excel, Word, PDF, some markdown files from the Drafts App.

Can I automate this?

Dennis

Possibly some of it. Firefox is out of the game, since it has no API to talk of. But then, you can simply restore its last session. Which actually makes a lot more sense imo them saving/restoring tabs in DT (or don’t you want to restore them the next day – then why bother saving them?)

The rest can probably be automated using find or Spotlight search predicates. Not sure if and how well Reminders is scriptable.

But: what is your goal here? It seems to me as if you’re trying to keep track of everything you did. Kind of Git on steroids? But why?

Thanks for the question, I appreciate the thought.

I am in a new position at work. It comes with more responsibility and projects to track, with information I need to access quickly from previous days and sometimes at high level meetings where time is of the essence. I thought keeping the things I work on handy, I would be able to use DT to help with this.

I’m open to other thoughts, for sure.

Well, at least Firefox remembers where you were at yesterday. I don’t use safari, so don’t know about it in that respect. Finder has, iirc, something like a “modified yesterday” smart folder. If it doesn’t, it’s trivial to implement. And Reminders should be able to tell you what you did, too.

I do not really see the advantage of writing a fairly complicated script to repeat all that functionality in DT.

1 Like