Entering encryption key for iCloud in iPad

I reset my encryption key today in MacOS Devonthink. The Devonthink data store package in iCloud is not encrypted; this is the encryption key for data going to and from the iCloud store.

Since making the change, now Devonthink To Go won’t sync on my iPad and the log shows "invalide encryption key. I thought i found the place to enter it - holding down on the database name, a dialog box pops up and you select “info”. But it asks not just for the encryption key like it does on MacOS, but just for your iCloud “User Name” and “Password”.

If someone knows how i can find this, would be appreciated!

You can change the encryption key in the preferences by editing the sync location.

Welcome @sbell22

But it asks not just for the encryption key like it does on MacOS, but just for your iCloud “User Name” and “Password”.

That’s not asking for an iCloud username and password. It applies credentials to a database to inhibit it being imported.

Go into DEVONthink To Go’s Settings > Sync: Locations, tap the Edit link, then tap the sync location. You can enter the proper encryption key value there.

Thanks

Thanks, i think i have it now. Now that i have it entered, can’t tell if it’s sync’ing. Is there a way to “force” a sync from the DTG App?

The sync icon in the bottom toolbar shows sync progress.
Tap it to initiate a manual sync or swipe downwards on the Home screen or in the item list of a database.

Thanks Bluefrog, I’m all set with my iOS devices now!

You’re welcome :slight_smile: