Error message when copying item link

A couple of weeks ago, I started getting the following error message when copying an item link (whether using the context menu or the menu bar):
CleanShot 2021-07-14 at 19.38.14@2x

The link is in fact copied and functional, so no real harm other than the annoyance of having to dismiss the error message, but this is a relatively new problem and I can’t figure out how to make it stop.

Hahaha, I know Error: "Hmm" :sweat_smile: I sometimes use this while writing a script. It’s a placeholder in cases where I don’t know yet what a meaningful error title may look like. Obviously I forgot to remove it in a script you’re using - and obviously you forgot that you’re using the script. It’s this one Script: Modify x-devonthink item links to reveal records :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Sorry to intrude on the thread—but this post was a great start to my day: it made me laugh!

Stephen

2 Likes

First, thanks for all your scripts and contributions in this forum - I use a lot of them and learn from a lot of others.
Second, thanks for pinpointing the problem. I was running the script via Keyboard Maestro, and had indeed forgotten to check there.

1 Like

You’re welcome. Great to see I can give back what I’ve learned from others. I still don’t know why you got the error, however I’ve updated the script and it now only modifies if necessary and also got a proper error title :slight_smile:

2 Likes