Excel charts do not display properly when opened through DT, but are correct when opened via Excel recent files list

I have an Excel spreadsheet, with data sheets and charts, imported into a DT3 database. On my iMac the charts display as expected, irrespective of whether they are opened by clicking the item in the DT3 database, or by selecting the file from the Excel recent files list.

On my MacBook , which syncs to the iMac using Bonjour, when opening the file by clicking on the DT3 item, the charts are "compressed’ that is to say the axis appear to have their scale changed, .

If I access the file on the MacBook by selecting the file from the Excel recent files list it displays as expected.

Any ideas please?

Excel is a proprietary format and such file types are displayed by Apple’s QuickLook mechanism.

If you drag the file from DEVONthink to the Finder, select it, and press the Spacebar, what do you see?

Dragging to finder and then opening displays correctly, as does right clicking inside DT and choosing open with Excel. It seems that there are plenty of ways to open the file and view it as expected.

Just me thinking that double clicking within DT would work.

Issue resolved if this is the behaviour you would expect to see Jim.

Thanks for your help.

You’re welcome.

when opening the file by clicking on the DT3 item, the charts are "compressed’ that is to say the axis appear to have their scale changed, .

• Could you post a screen capture of this?

• What version of Excel made the file?

Here you go

Excel 365 Subscription version 16.63.1

also would be good if you could post the Excel file here for others to try.

I have never noticed an Excel issue. I am curious.

Agreed. Or if it contains some private info, you can ZIP and send us a copy of it off to the side. Just hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket.

It is very private so not happy to share I’m afraid. I will anonymise the data and then I will send to Jim off site, hopefully within 48 hours.

For what it’s worth I have replicated the issue with a different Excel file.

Cheers

1 Like

Much appreciated. Send it at your leisure and convenience. :slight_smile: