Exclude Groups from Tagging feature is not working

I have Devonthink Pro 3. When I uncheck the “Exclude Groups from Tagging” from DB properties, I was expecting that the groups become tags but that is not happening. I tried rebuilidng the DB and also deleting and creating the DB and re-indexing the files, but it did not help. Any suggestions or tips please?

Welcome @userst
Please provide more information when reporting issues, including what version of DEVONthink and operating system you’re running.

Also, if you’re expecting to see the group names in the Tags group of a database, that will not happen. Tags are dynamically applied to the childen of groups. Ordinary tags are not created.

Thanks for your quick response. I am using DT pro 3.9.3 on Mac OS Sonoma.

I am not expecting the group names to be reflected in tags database. The issue I am seeing is that when I uncheck the option"Exclue Groups from Tagging" under database properties, I am expecting to see that all the groups under that database turn into tags but that is not happening (icons are not changing to tag and files are not tagged with group name). It works for only one database after I unchecked the propery but it is not working with other databases.

You’re welcome.
Hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket. Please attach full-resolution screen captures of DEVONthink with the Database Properties for the working and a non-working database. Thanks!

Maybe some/all groups are excluded from tagging, see Info > General inspector?

The groups were indexed, so excluded by default.