Sharing my experience of upgrading DTTG and switching sync method:
Upgrade to DTTG 3.01
- I had an iPhone and an iPad running with DTTG 2.7.9
- I downloaded DTTG 3.01 and started the app (DTTG 2.7.9 still in place)
- Bad news: On both devices the databases were not showing under DTTG 3.0.
- I had to sync the data and used Bonjour - took quite some time - 5 database in total 82GB and about 60.000 objects.
Feedback to Support:
I would have loved to get more information how to upgrade in the iOS App explanation and maybe a screen after the first start of DTTG 3
Switch from iCloud legacy to CloudKit
Since the iCloud CloudKit sync was brand new, I would have loved to find a clear guidance how to do the switch instead of having to search the forum to get an idea.
I am sure that it might be written somewhere but not prominent enough for me to run into it
Here is how I succeeded to switch:
- I kept all all other devices off
- On my Mac mini, I went to sync section in preference and used context command to clean the storage location (german version says “Speichert löschen…” – this is important to make sure to free up disk space used by the legacy iCloud sync
- Then I deleted iCloud legacy – seemed to be the same effect like unchecking the box
- I checked the iCloud CloudKit box and selected one database after the other for sync
- I also experienced a lot of errors messages as reported here the forum and restarted DT3.6.2 a few times: (like CKErrorDomain 4, http status code 503 CKErrorDomain 7)
- The advice to reduce the max connection in the sync preference to about 4 did the trick
I started with one and the errors disappeared and increased to 2 and then to 4)
- I took several hours but finally all databases were uploaded.
Thank you DEVONthing Team, great job with DTTG 3 and iCloud CloudKit sync, both a major improvement!!