Experimenting with XML plug-ins

I’ve been trying to write down my first XML plug-in for a couple of hours.
It is a very very useful feature, but… I’m experiencing an odd behaviour.

This is my plug-in:

<?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“UTF-8”?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC “-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN” “http://www.apple.com/DTDs/ PropertyList-1.0.dtd”>
<plist version=“1.0”>
   <dict>
     <key>Name</key>
      <string>Governo Italiano</string>
     <key>Info</key>
     <string>Governo Italiano Plugin 1.0 ?2004 UNCEM Servizi</string>      <key>Description</key>
     <string>Interroga l’archivio delle notizie del Governo italiano.</string>
     <key>Version</key>
     <string>0.1</string>
     <key>Identifier</key>
      <string>com.uncem-servizi.governoitaliano.plugin</string>
      <key>EngineUrl</key>
      <string>http://www.governo.it/Cerca/first4question.asp?Question=agentQuery</string>
   </dict>
</plist>

It should use the search engine of Italian Government’s website.
I’ve been trying to search with the following keyword: “UNCEM”, but it returns nothing erroneously.
This is odd because:

I’m very new to this game so I’m sure that I’m missing something important, but I can’t guess what. And this dual behavior is quite confusing.
Any help would be appreciated.  :)

:stuck_out_tongue:

(BTW: this is my first message, I hope it will be posted correctly)

This is currently not possible as the search engine of this site requires two different URLs (one to start the search and a second one to retrieve additional pages) and cookies. Actually I’ve never seen something like that before.

I guess I was very lucky in choosing my test search engine!

I think it is a proprietary solutions developed by IBM or Finsiel and used by a lot of italian Government Departments and local governments.  
I hope that it will be possible for you to add this feature sooner or later, because I had in my mind to make my team use DEVONagent exactly to monitor those sites…  :(

Anyway, thank you for your quick feedback.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Version 1.2.1 or Version 1.3 should support such engines too.