Export as OPML, including tags

Hi!
I want to export a list of tagged notes as OPML, but the Export > As OPML doesn’t include tags. The resulting opml file lists the notes name, content, comment and the created & modified dates. I’d like to get the tags for each note as well. I have tried the Script > Export > Listing, but there are no tags either.
Any idea if/how I could achieve that?
Thanks!

The export to OPML obviously doesn’t include that function so no tip can be given in that regard.

What is the purpose of including the tags in the export? Is there an app you’re processing the OPML with?

Thanks for the quick reply!

I am using the OPML format as an intermediate to get this list of notes in Excel, where will add multiple columns and enter data for each note. What I am after is to be able to sort (or even better, filter) this list in excel using the tags I have added in DT. As I will work on entering data over many weeks, I’d like to retain these tags which I would use to prioritize what I’ll work on.

I don’t mind having to manipulate the tag list to make it work in Excel (ie. whether the tags are exported separated by a space, comma, line break doesn’t matter since most a single words), and the content of the note is not even that important since for most notes, the name=contents.

I thought about “transferring” the tags into the items’ comment box since that gets exported, but I haven’t found an easy way to do that… Also thought about playing with a script, but I am really not that knowledgeable and haven’t found any script that is close enough to what I want to do…

My DT>Spreadsheet solution is an applescript
I’ve directly updated a spreadsheet
and created a .csv file

Would you mind sharing your script?
(I’m playing with the Export>Listing script, and it’s not going well :roll_eyes:)

Here’s an example of writing to a .csv file

set targetFile to (path to desktop as text) & "tempBudget.csv"
set openFile to open for access file targetFile with write permission
set theData to (yyyymm as text) & ",Details, Amount,Date" -- Header Line
write theData to openFile starting at eof as text

-- Data Loop
set theData to ...
write theData to openFile starting at eof as text

close access openFile

Thanks. Still too far from what I want to do, but I’ll keep this in case I ever want to write my own script. What I want to do now is a one-time export, and I’m just not knowledgeable enough in scripting to develop one within a reasonable amount of time. I guess I’ll have to figure out some other way to do what I want.
But thanks anyways! :slightly_smiling_face:

Which app exports/imports actually tags via OPML? Could you send me an example file? Thank you!