I agree that they should but they definitely weren’t. I didn’t get any links at all and I was very surprised about that. Bill mentioned the tutorial thing. I actually discovered a message from him about that after I’d posted my message here (but before his response) and then I wondered if it just did internal links only. But you’re saying it should do both. I’ll try it again in 1.0.2 and see what happens.
I commented on this elsewhere (a thread about tables and DT, I think). I suspected that might be the case, but I didn’t have an easy way to convert my tabulated text into a table. Having since poked around the AppleScript, I’m not sure I can even write an AppleScript to do it in DT. I think it’s sensible for Rich Text tables to be exported as HTML tables, but it probably wouldn’t hurt, even if it meant we had to assign a style to that chunk of text, to be able to export a chunk in a
container. I know pre elements are deprecated, but short of converting tabs to spaces and embedding the text in mono-spaced HTML block element (div), I can’t think of a way to easily preserve that kind of formatting.
One alternative is to use the ruler as the tabs are probably just used to indent lines - just remove the tabs and set the left margin. The website export uses this information (and paragraph spacing too).