Export to Apple Notes

Is there anyway to export a note to apple notes.

I know you can just drag but this adds extra steps.

There’s always the Share extension, but it may or may not give you the results that you are looking for. When I tried it the notes were added to Notes.app as attachments, which is not what I was wanting.

Yes it adds it as an attachment…I tried that.

Devonthink provides a whole host of applescripts for export to other applications I can’t seem to find one for apple notes.

What is “a note” ?

See

This is a demo script. As noted in my introduction to the script there is a very odd delay when Apple Notes makes a new note from an imported RTFD file (or RTF) and images are embedded in the text as desired. At first it seems like nothing happened. A minute or so later the images just show up. Go figure.

NO – I have no idea if this works with your data. But it is a starting point if you want to fiddle.

Out of curiosity, though I wrote a script to do what the OP wanted (because I could) I wonder why one would want to export notes to Notes when we have DEVONthink to Go? Not sure what the use case is.

“Out of curiosity, though I wrote a script to do what the OP wanted (because I could) I wonder why one would want to export notes to Notes when we have DEVONthink to Go? Not sure what the use case is.”

I suppose my workflow is everything into Devonthink…but

jotting/notes easy accessible in Apple notes.

I use the two together.

Thanks for this I will have a look at the script

What isn’t a note. It is an interesting question

Is Devonthink a note taker…?

No, DEVONthink isn’t “a note taker”, though it has that function as well. A PDF is not a note. An MP3 is not a note. Many files aren’t “notes”. Processing a text-based file has different requirements and possibilities than non-text based files.