Suggestion to add readily available ‘find next’ and ‘find previous’ buttons in the PDF view of DTTG after searching for a string in a PDF, comparable to the arrow-buttons at the bottom of the screen after searching for a string in Safari which allows a user to ‘jump’ from the first instance of the found string to the next until the last instance is presented.
- open a multi-paged PDF
- user searches specific string like ‘appleseed’ by pressing the magnifier icon
- DTTG returns e.g. 120 instances of ‘appleseed’ in that PDF
- user clicks first instance from the searchlist
- DTTG presents first location of that string with yellow box
- user finds it’s not the location intended
Checking the second until 120th instance requires pressing the magnifying class and clicking the next hit 120 times if the appropriate page happens to be related to the 120th item in the list.
Optionally replace 120 with any large number n.