Feature Request: Reminder and Calender Integration inside a note

Two feature requests inspired by the app Agenda.

Native integration with macOS Reminders
I want to be able to highlight (or convert) a line of text inside a note into a Reminder. Via script, I can turn an entire message into a Reminder (handy), but I would like to do this inside my research notes. This would let me create reminders anywhere but manage them inside my Reminders workflow.

Calendar linking with MacOS
Similar to Agenda, I want to be able to link a note to a particular Calendar event vs. create a Calendar entry. Pulling in the Meeting details would make it easier to take notes in DT and cross-reference the specific meeting related to my research.

Agenda has both of these features well integrated into its product.

Bonus would be being able to reference contacts with an @, which doesn’t result in a sharing of the note with them, but rather creates a cross-link to their contact card and becomes another attribute of a note. This would make it easier to find notes that are related to individuals.

3 Likes

I don’t recall any other such requests. but they are noted, with no promises.

PS: There is no note format in DEVONthink. Please be specific in requests. Details matter.

PPS: This simple approach is possible…

However, there are no Shortcut actions for DEVONthink, so the complexity of implementation without scripting is limited.

PPPS: We aren’t competing with Agenda and the like. Just so you know.

1 Like

I would love these features. Would love a calendar with similar to the calendar plug-in for obsidian (especially on DTTG).

There is already a calendar available in the Tools > Filter > Info pane of DEVONthink that allows filtering the current location’s items by date.

Thanks, I knew there is a calendar but I didn’t think it linked like obsidian, will check it out.

This was the part I was referring to that would be amazing, aka on DTTG.

It’s not linking anything. It’s filtering the items – hence the name filter pane – and only showing items from the chosen date.

This was the part I was referring to that would be amazing, aka on DTTG.

The request is noted, with no promises.

Understand.

I will work with it. I’m mostly mobile, and with the issues of coming up with Apple shortcut to consistently make a shortcut that works (that doesn’t get broke every update with search changes), I can see an option of mobile calendar nice.

I would envision a calendar where you could set a single file type when you click the date. So say you clicked 8/22/23 it would either create new note of your choosing (MD, plain text etc), or just open it up if already made. This would allow a shortcut to be dedicated for daily note too.

In my mind this works, but not being a developer I have no idea how difficult this is to implement similar to obsidian.

and with the issues of coming up with Apple shortcut to consistently make a shortcut that works (that doesn’t get broke every update with search changes)

What are referring to?

Filed the issues in the past. The search via shortcut on iOS has changed multiple times rendering easy shortcuts non working. Each update has essentially broken a working workflow each time. They have been corrected each time, but has not been consistent.

Integrating a daily note feature (and shortcut) would seem easier than trying to make a shortcut to make a note, search based on naming convention, addend or make new etc. relatively straightforward but becomes complex with the changes each time breaking it for unknown to user reasons. The daily note seems relatively standard on many note apps now so would be a convenience.