File and folder navigation

I’m wondering if there’s any possibility that we might sight a different type of file and folder navigation to look a little more like Finder or even what’s available on DEVONthink on the mac. Mostly I’m looking for the option to have a column based navigation. I find it much easier to move through files and folders, especially if something is buried deep, it often takes lots of needless clicking to get back to the main folder.

The request is noted but that would also require a considerable change in the UI of the application.

Understood, I just think it might be worthwhile, especially for those trying to navigate through many folders in DTTG. As it stands, this can be a rather tedious process.

A slightly different option: I just realized there’s a shortcut to go back one folder—I think it would be super useful to have a shortcut that takes you back to the root folder or main of whichever database you’re working with.

If you long press the back arrow, it jumps you back to the Home screen of DEVONthink To Go.

Maybe I’m doing something wrong, but I can’t get that to work.

Touch the back arrow in DEVONthink To Go and hold your finger there. It should return to the Home screen. If it doesn’t, quit and relaunch the app to try again.

I see! I misunderstood and thought it was a keyboard shortcut (which might be nice!).

Thanks.

You’re welcome and the request is noted.