files.noindex

I’ve imported almost 6 GB of data into DTPro, yet I can’t find files.noinex in ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2. I would assume that this file would be findable.

Thanks for your help.

The only database in DEVONthink’s application support folder will be the Global Inbox at ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Inbox.dtBase2. However, DEVONthink databases are package files and you’ll need to select the database, right-click, and select ‘Show Package Contents’. However, the files inside of Files.noindex are not easily navigated (the file structure is not the same as the database groups) and it is not recommended to modify the contents of Files.noindex directly as the database could become corrupted.

If you have created a database for the documents that you have imported, then that database will not be inside the Application Support folder. I believe the default location is in the documents folder, inside a folder that DEVONthink creates. It has been years since I used the defaults, so I could be mistaken about this part.

I thought I was losing my mind when the thought occurred that those files may be “hidden” to un hide the files you need to down load the utility called ice clean under the utility folder there is a selection called show or hide hidden folders. It works like a switch. it does not change the file or folder type it just unhides all the hidden folders.
Once you have finished, just open ice clean and select hide or un hide and all the hidden folders become hidden again. There are other neat utility thing in the program as well.
Hope that help solve the mystery.

Neither DEVONthink databases nor the Files.noindex folder within them are hidden.

DEVONthink Personal has a single database, the folder named “DEVONTthink 2”, located at ~/Library/Application Support/.

DEVONthink Pro and Pro Office databases are package files that have the filename extension “.dtBase2”, and are located where the user created them, usually in the Documents folder. To see inside a package file, Control-click on it and choose the contextual mene option “Show Package Contents”.