Files not being copied

I have DT 1.9.2 and I copied all the docs on a hard drive (or so i thought). when i went back i noticed that many folders still had images left in them. in the original drive but none in the DT database. I tried to sync the folder, then went and selected unrecognized file types and it brought some in but did not for the vast majority. Any suggestions or help. I wanted to get all the docs/images etc into DT and categorized then erase the drive so i can install a fresh copy of the os and get all my docs in one place.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob, I don’t know if this is relevant in your case, but DEVONthink Personal 1.x has a database limit of 10,000 images (including PDFs).

That limit has been removed in DEVONthink Personal 2.0 (a public beta was recently released). See http://www.devon-technologies.com/scripts/userforum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7117.

Also, of course, make certain that you have plenty of free hard drive space for database growth, as you are Import-capturing (copying to the database) files that you plan to erase from the other drive. (Index-captures would not be appropriate, as information would be lost to the database when those external files are deleted.)