find word in Rich Note link?

When I create a Rich Note from a webpage that contains links, I don’t seem to be able to search successfully for words that are in the links.

What I mean is, lets say the Rich Note RTF file contains the word “Smith”, and it is underlined because it is a link, then when I search, I won’t find “Smith” in that RTF file – although I can find any other word in that file, as long as it isn’t a link.

I’d rather not convert the file to plain text, since it is useful to be able to follow these links.

Is there some search or indexing trick I’m missing? Thanks!

No trick, links are simply not part of the RTF itself, and so DEVONthink doesn’t find their text.

Best,

Eric.

admin wrote: “links are simply not part of the RTF itself, and so DEVONthink doesn’t find their text”

And yet … I have some Rich Notes in which I can find (i.e. search) text in links.

How do you reconcile that?

Are these links Wiki-style links? It all depends how the links are created (automatically through the auto-Wiki system, manually, etc.)

Best,

Eric.

I also have a long list of links in a rich note file. Seems as though link indexing would be a useful feature.