firefox 3 bookmarks

I’m using Firefox 3.0.5 with a myriad of bookmarks, but choosing the Firefox option in the preferences in DevonAgent 2.3.1 shows what looks like a default Firefox bookmark set.

Searching the forums hasn’t helped me yet. I did see a reference to bookmarks in my ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles folder, so I exported my Firefox bookmarks there, to no avail.

The bookmarks for Omniweb and Safari show if picked in the preferences, just not Firefox.

What am I missing?

Could you zip the folder ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/ and send it to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com? Then I could check this over here, thank you.

Aha! So Firefox 3 now stores its bookmarks in the file places.sqlite in the /Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/xxxxxxxx.default/ folder, along with (among other files) the bookmarks.html file that WAS used in earlier versions of Firefox. I believe DevonAgent uses the old bookmarks.html file in this .default folder, even though this bookmarks.html file is no longer updated when you add/delete bookmarks normally thru Firefox.

I exported/copied my current Firefox bookmarks list, saving as bookmarks.html, and moved this file into the xxxxxxxx.default folder, replacing the old one and DevonAgent now uses this more-current copy of my Firefox bookmarks.

Unfortunately, you have to configure Firefox to sync its places.sqlite data with this bookmarks.html file (see the article at lytebyte.com/2008/06/19/how- … markshtml/). Even doing this isn’t quite enough, as any new bookmark changes made during your current Firefox session won’t reflect in DevonAgent UNTIL you reboot Firefox (and DevonAgent, OR use DA’s preferences to deselect/reselect the Firefox bookmarks option).

At least the above is how things have evolved thus far in my poking around.

I knew Firefox changed its methods of handling bookmarks, but had never looked deeper.

Tom