Firefox bookmarks do not appear

From the file menu import>bookmarks>firefox
A Firefox folder appears empty!
Safari bookmarks import fine.

DTP 2.9.17
OSX 10.12.6
Firefox 60.0.2

Also any option to import html or json bookmark file with a script??

Thanks

See blog.devontechnologies.com/2011 … irefox-v3-—-v5-bookmarks/

This is an issue with how Firefox stores its bookmarks. But there is a setting that will export Bookmarks to an HTML file when Firefox quits.

1. In Firefox, type about:config in the address bar.
  2. Click the button to accept the risk.
  3. Search for Bookmark
  4. Double-click the line that reads Browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML. The value should be set to True.
  5. Quit Firefox. (I actually suggest relaunching and quitting it again, just to make sure.)
  6. Attempt the import of Bookmarks into DEVONthink.
1 Like

Thanks Bluefrog. I was having a struggle comparing my Safari with Firefox Bookmarks and very confused when nothing happened on File>Import>Bookmarks>Firefox. I figured it was some sort of permissions thing. But a bit of searching in the Discourse articles took me to your post in Tips. Worked perfectly in Firefox 84.0.2, MacOS Big Sur 11.1, MacMini. I appreciate your efforts and communication skills

1 Like

You’re welcome and thanks for the nice comments!

If you want to export them afterwards take a look at Script: Export bookmarks structure as HTML file.

Thanks Much.

I’m just getting started with DT and am considering using it for my primary bookmark manager. But I hadn’t considered the possible need for having my DT bookmarks available in my browser - such as when I’m traveling, so thanks for the post.

By the way I’m also moving from Chrome to Safari, with Firefox being my secondary browser. I’m dealing with 6k legacy bookmarks going back to the Internet Explorer days. I’ve used Raindrop.io pro to deal with the broken links and most of the duplicates. But I really appreciated being able to compare the bookmarks of Safari and Firefox directly in DevonThink.

I was looking for a way to utilize the browser bookmarks with DT’s file index function, but couldn’t find a way. I was thinking that if I could do that, then I really wouldn’t need to worry about importing and exporting bookmarks at all.