Folder grayed out and unavailable

Hi there,

One folder indexed in DT3 is suddenly grayed out in Finder and not available anymore.

Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 10.48.40

However it still looks “normal” in DT3 from where I can access it and open its files.

Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 10.49.04

Before that I was working in Word on a file from this folder that I opened in DT3.

I quit all the apps and restarted my mac but I still can’t access this folder in Finder.

Btw the creation date of the folder is now 24 January 1984 !

Any idea how to solve that problem?

What’s the path of this folder? Does rebooting fix this?

No, rebooting doesn’t change anything.

Path: ‎⁨Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨claudevolery⁩ ▸ ⁨Documents⁩ ▸ ⁨Plus Sept Consulting sàrl⁩ ▸ ⁨CLIENTS⁩

And your Documents folder is synchronized via iCloud Drive? Maybe it’s an issue of iCloud, hard to tell as I’ve never seen this on my own.

No it’s not synchronized via iCloud Drive.

I tried to duplicate the folder, but the duplicate one is also unavailable!

OMG…

In DT3 I replaced the folder’s “Created” date (which was suddenly 24.01.1984, I don’t know why!) with 25.03.2020 and the folder is available again in Finder!

1 Like

The January 1984 date is the birthdate of the Mac, and you will see this on files and folders that in some way have been damaged or otherwise compromised. It might be worthwhile to check your drive to ensure there is no other damage.

Thanks for your advice @Greg_Jones.
Until now I didn’t see any other damage… I cross my fingers!

I have had this same situation a couple of times when synchronising a DT3 (v3.8.3) between machines (direct connection on same LAN). It looks to me as though it happens if DT on the source machine is unable to fully access a folder (or perhaps file). In my case the folder was being created (by a finder copy and paste) on the source machine at the same time as DT3 was attempting to synchronise it with the target machine. I saw a popup on the source machine to say that database verification had failed and the log window shows several “Invalid File Integrity, checksum is different” messages. But once the folder is available again on the source machine the databases appear to verify OK. The only remaining problem is that the created date of the folder on the target machine is set to the Jan 1984 date. It doesn’t appear to cause a problem when viewing the files in DT but Finder will not open the folder. Changing the creation date (from within DT’s Get Info context menu) resolves the problem for Finder. Interestingly, I copied a large hierarchy of files and it was only the top level folder that had this created date problem on the target machine.