Font size - search results window

Yes - I’m aware of that capability. It’s not, unfortunately, a very good solution. Zooming small fixed point text doesn’t do much to improve readability for people with visual challenges. It’s also a really awkward workflow when so much other software does support resizable fonts (including other major components of the DEVONthink UI).

Passed the nine year mark for this original request. Still smilin’ though!

I don’t think that I’ve ever seen a thread that’s gone on so long with the original poster still involved. That’s impressive persistence. I’m hoping that you’ll be rewarded soon.

The small search result font size continues to be a problem for me as well. Yeah, yeah - there are workarounds. None are as effective from either a usability or legibility standpoint as making this font size adjustable would be. It’s still a mystery to me why the font point size can be changed on many other elements (thanks!) but that it’s fixed for search results. It’s good to see that I’m not the only one.

A software which not only allows many possibilities for archiving but also offers many considerable types of advanced queries deserves viewing results so that they can be easily read.

I am aware of the possibilities of the Mac Os operating system regarding the zoom, but the quality offered is pretty poor. The years pass, the monitors get bigger, the resolution increases and the eyes grow older :confused:

I think that DT developers understand the usefulness of the thing mainly because they have made it possible to customize the font in other windows via the Preferences>General and Preferences>Editing.
A shortcut could also be the opportunity to enlarge the size by implementing the use of existing option in the View menu.

I hope that our request is taken into account, although I imagine that most users, in the years, will have advanced many requests of different types, but I believe that the usability of software is extraordinarily important and makes a difference in the user perceived quality.

Thanks!

• Marco.

Now past the ten-year mark from this original request. Standing by… :slight_smile:

As much as it pains me to admit, being able to increase font size in this regard would be welcomed by me (and my eyes) as well!

Coming up on 11 years.

If this feature is eventually implemented, I’ll definitely be looking for an honourable mention in the ‘new features’ list. I think that would be rather hilarious! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Yes! I hope that there’s a party too.

I’d like to recommend DTPO to more people but this long standing usability issue with the search results list makes it hard for me to be as enthusiastic as I’d like.

I recently upgraded to a Retina display on my desktop. That made the search results hard for me to read instead of very hard to read. Still, it does make me wonder why a over a decade of improvement in display technology and the software that drives it isn’t better reflected here.

+1 for this.

My eyes are way too old for this to keep squinting… i have web pages zoomed at 125%+ sometimes.

I am waiting for a couple of years (Since I started to use DT) to find a new and fresh interface. I know functionality and other bugs are more important by I think the usability of the user interface is a key point and a reason to use or not a software. (Or search more appealing alternatives)

Today I found this thread started a DECADE ago about fix one important point of the UI with only a couple of answers of the developers during the years and I lost all my hopes to see a new version with some of my wishes.

Devonthink is a great piece of software, maybe still the best, but more humble options appeared and are growing in functionalities and design fast. I hope that the developers take in mind this kind of things.

I’ve got to admit, I, too, am extremely disappointed to see this thread. I have purchased DEVONthink Pro Office and begun pulling all of my compiled notes into it. While I’m learning of the power of the toolset, bottom line, the entire interface is too small on a 4k monitor.

While I can change the zoom to read a note, it goes back to “actual size” as soon as I click on another note. I can change font sizes under editing preferences to get to something readable (like a 13 or 14 point font), it results in exported documents / printouts being outlandishly large. Additionally, the icons that are provided for operations are just plain too small to operate reliably.

And don’t get me started on the outrageous suggestion that I use the macOS usability zoom feature to be able to use the application, who are you kidding?

Bottom line, the user interface needs an overhaul in a very big (pun intended) way.

Any chance that the entire UI could get an option to start using resolution independent coding?

Otherwise, is there a way to get a refund? I’m not going to change the resolution on my Mac just to use DTPO. My other applications are perfectly usable.

I’m new here and came to find out how to increase the view screen font size as it is unbelievably small! Super disappointed to see that after 11 years of making the same request Chatoyer’s remarks have not been heard. I was really looking forward to getting stuck into DTPO, but this has left a nasty taste in my mouth!

The public beta of version 3 supports this.

1 Like

Original poster here. Thanks, Eric. Will buy you an adult beverage of your choice at some point.

The president gets a beverage and the developers get the bugs :grin:

2 Likes

This is, so far, my favorite of the changes that I’ve seen in the beta - although the overall look is much improved as well. Thank you!