Fontsize in inspector for highlights

The font size in the inspector (e.g. Annotations when looking at highlighted text) is awfully small on my screen. I see options in preferences to tweak the size in the text and sidebar but not for the inspectors. Is this correct ? It would certainly help my tired eyes if it could be set by the user.

2 Likes

This isn’t customizable but we’ll consider this for future releases.

Chiming in to belatedly add a plug for the option to increase inspector font size in future versions. I am finally updating my workflow to better use DT3’s annotation functions rather than recreate the old DT2 templates with hyperlinks. Having the single split window to view a document + inspector is great, but it’s very rough on the eyes. I know a pop-out annotation fixes this, but it sort of defeats the purpose of streamlining. Showing the difference between my ideal text size and inspector size in the screenshot. I’m not visually impaired, but I imagine all DT3 users could benefit from a feature that would improve accessibility. Crossing fingers it might be feasible in the future! Thanks for considering.

Screen Shot 2023-02-11 at 2.51.56 PM|690x392

+1

My eyes would really appreciate this. I think it should receive a high priority as it could be considered an accessibility issue.

Changing the font in the UI is no trivial matter, especially considering things like user-defined custom metadata fields. It would very easy to break the interface if we just let people change the UI font sizes.

Also note, the operating system has long included Accessibility features to address many issues. This would include their Zoom features.

Thanks! I realized I can also change the font size of my annotations by highlighting and right clicking in the inspector. This makes them rather large if you look at them as stand alone annotation files, but if you’re working in inspector, it seems like a good solution to this dilemma.

The Annotations and Attachments inspectors will use the view font (see Preferences > General > Appearance) in the next release.

3 Likes