Format font (bold) -- bug?

I’m not sure this is a bug, but when I have a RTF document open (either on normal mode or in full screen mode) and try to bold any text, I cannot do it via cmd+b (gives me the error sound). Also, in the menu Format > Style the Bold option is grayed out. The only way I can bold text is via contextual drop menu (ctrl+ click / mouse right click > Font).

Is anyone experiencing the same problem?

I am able to use the shortcut cmd+b, as well as the the Style-option and the contextual menu.

Yeah, I can confirm the same thing.

I don’t suppose you’ve installed anything recently that might’ve created a shortcut conflict?

Have you tried quitting and restarting the app? I’ve had a very similar problem with DEVONnote, but I haven’t had any luck figuring out what’s causing the problem. It just seems to be a random WTF kind of bug.

Thank you all for your feedback.

Restarting indeed solved the problem, kalisphoenix. I’m guessing it’s a similar “WTF kind of bug”.

It’s irritating. Sometimes it happens with italic, sometimes with bold, and it seems to be slightly different with italic than with bold. Nothing but restarting the app reliably solves the problem, and there are no Console messages or anything else of any use. It’s rare, so I can never quite put my finger on what causes it.

It’s happened to me two or three times. If it’s the same problem and you don’t want to quit the app, you might be able to open the file externally, save it in TextEdit or whatever, and then reopen it in the main app… but then the same problem is likely to happen to other files.

grumbles I guess it’s a menu item validation error or something, which would similarly disable the keyboard shortcut… and it might be related to the focus problems that many have been complaining about. Other than that, I just don’t know.

Well, I’m hoping DTP devs will solve this during the next beta releases. In any case, I’ll be keeping my attention for its causes, although I’m inclined to agree with you… it seems random.